- 4 Egg whites
- 200g Caster sugar
- Tea spoon of vanilla extract
- 1 Lemon zest
- 3 table spoons of lemon curd (for recipe see my Lemon cupcakes)
- Turn oven to 130 degrees fan (150 regular).
- Beat the egg whites until stiff with an electric mixer, if you have one it’s best to use a ballon whisk. Then, while the mixer is still going, gradually incorporate the sugar. Beat until glossy, thick and will form stiff peaks. Next, mix in the vanilla extract, and half the lemon zest. Fold in the lemon curd so you create swirls in the mixture.
- Put spoonfuls on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper, and sprinkle with a little zest, bake in an oven for 55 minutes.
- When their time’s up, switch the oven off and allow the meringues to cool down in there.
- I like to dust mine with a little Icing sugar and a bit more lemon zest. They taste fanatic with ice-cream or as an eton mess.