A great and easy way to keep the kids entertained for an hour this Easter. Guaranteed to disappear as quickly as they were made.
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
- 3 tbsp of caster sugar
- 360g of milk chocolate (I used cadburys)
- 2 tbsp of golden syrup
- 40g of butter
- 4 digestive biscuits
- Pack of mini cream eggs
- Mini eggs
- Handful of maltesers
- Line a small baking tin with butter and baking parchment. I think mine’s 24 by 15cm.
- First, make the swiss meringue. In a bowl of a pan of simmering water add the egg white, caster sugar and vanilla extract. Whisk constantly until stiff white glossy peaks form. Once done, pop to one side.
- Now, melt your chocolate (broken into squares), butter and gold syrup in a bowl over your simmering water. Remove from the heat when the chocolate is smooth and glossy. If it gets clumpy, don’t fear, add a touch more butter and remove from heat.
- Crush you biscuits into the mixture and add the maltesers. In your baking tin arrange your mini cream eggs and scatter about your swiss meringue mix.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tin and smooth with a spatula. Poke in as many mini eggs as you see fit and place into the fridge to cool.
- After about an hour or two the mix should be set. Cut into fingers or squares and keep refrigerated if you, unlike myself, have will-power.